Last changes : 09/18/2018
This section aims to explain the life cycle of your data:
The way we use the information you provide us & the information we collect through your use of the app
- The transfer of your data to third parties
- Your rights to access, correct or delete your data
Zyl reveals everyday the most beautiful photos and videos lost in your smartphone. Protecting your privacy is part of Zyl's DNA, especially when it comes to your photos and personal information. That's why we are committed to never getting your media out of your smartphone unless you want to share it with your loved ones.
Our approach is called "privacy by design". This means that when new features are created, we look for solutions not to compromise your data. For example, we make intelligent treatments on your photos. To respect your privacy, we embed our algorithms and machine learning models on your phone in order to avoid that your data goes through our servers.
Information collected by Zyl 👌
The ones you provide us 🙌
All our users from the 18th September 2018 can access Zyl without any accounts. We do not collect any personal informations.
Our users who have joined Zyl before the 18th September 2018 may have created an account to access features like collaborative photo albums.
By creating an account with us, you share with us your phone number to validate your account and a username. For a more personal experience with your loved ones, we also suggest that you add a profile picture to your account.
The ones we get through your use of the app 👩💻
After downloading Zyl, we collect information about your smartphone, for example its model, operating system, IP address or type of connection to offer you the most appropriate experience. We also collect information about your use of the app.
Use of the information we collect 🌈
The purpose of collecting information about you is to improve your Zyl experience. We can, use this information to:
- Join an album or invite friends (for our users before the 18th September 2018)
- Communicate with you directly in the app and give you advice
- Check that you are the person you say you are during the login process (for our users before the 18th September 2018)
- Check that you are not doing illegal activities with Zyl
Transfer of data to third parties 👨🔧
We may disclose information about you in the following cases:
- If you ask for or allow disclosure.
- As necessary to provide the service, including sharing information with third parties who store or manage your photos and related information, as part of Collaborative Moments or if you decide to host your photos on the Zyl Cloud (for our users before the 18th September 2018)
- If we believe in good faith that we must disclose information: to protect the rights or property of our company or other users, including to prevent fraud or to enforce our agreements or policies governing your use of the service; or, if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to protect our users, staff, or public safety
- If we sell or reorganize all or any parts of our business, we may disclose user' information to a third party who acquires all or some parts of our assets, to the extent permitted by law.
- For vendors, consultants, and other providers we believe useful to help improve the service (such as customer support, email or SMS marketing, and technical infrastructure services).
- We also share aggregated statistical information with our analytics partners, who can not identify you.
Finally, we may access, disclose and preserve your personal information, including your private content (such as the content of your Shared Moments or the Zyl Cloud), when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable laws or respond to a legal process of competent authorities, including law enforcement agencies or other government agencies;
- Protect our customers, for example to avoid spam or those who try to commit fraud against our users, or to help prevent any case of serious injury;
- Operate and maintain the security of the service, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- Protect our rights or property, including the application of the terms and conditions governing the use of the service - however, if we receive information that someone is using the Service by violating our intellectual property or threatening our physical condition, we would not inspect the private content of a user ourselves but we would refer the matter to the police.
Rights of access, correct and delete 👑
Of course, you remain in control of your data. At any time, you can ask us to access your data in a structured way, correct or delete it.
To do so, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For age 13 and over 👴
Zyl's services are for children (and older ones) who are at least 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we had collected personal information from a child under 13, we would delete all his/her information (account, photos, albums ...).
We hope to have been clear enough about the protection of your privacy. Should you still have any questions, you can contact our Data Protection Officer directly at email@example.com and he will be very happy to enlighten you.